- The 4As believes that sound, ethical business practice is good business. And that success in the business of advertising is due to a respect for honest, decent transactions, and the observance of the highest principles of integrity. Especially as this business contains many intangibles, and involves partnerships based on confidence and mutual good faith.
Accordingly, 4As Members are committed to the following:
- Demonstrate true professionalism.
- Build trust and values crucial for long term success.
- Observe the highest ethical standards at every stage of the conduct of business.
- Act fairly for clients, colleagues and suppliers in the business community.
- Observe strict confidentiality in all transactions and undertakings with clients and other business partners.
- Abide by the Code of Advertising Practice, and adhere to self-regulation as the basis of good practice in advertising ethics.
- Compete fairly and ethically in accordance with accepted standards of professional practice in such a manner as not to bring advertising into disrepute.
Where the General Public is concerned, the 4As also pledges to observe the following:
- Project a sense of responsibility to consumers and to society.
- Be mindful of public sensitivities before using potentially offensive and distasteful material, to ensure against negative results from their use.
- Not exploit the credulity, lack of knowledge or inexperience of consumers.
- Not condone advertising that is likely to provoke violence, recklessness and anti-social behaviour.
- Be able to substantiate all claims, whether direct or implied, and not mislead by inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration or omission.
- Be responsible in the portrayal of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, traditional values and religion.