“Understand all the critical aspects needed to develop and maintain long term client relationships”
Great Account Management is based on building long term trusted relationships with agency colleagues and with clients. This trust must be earned and without it the role of Account Management can often be a lonely, pressurised and frustrating role. This three-day 4As/IPA Account Management Bootcamp is an intense immersion into the core of what builds that illusive level of trust within your agencies and with clients.
Who is the qualification for?
Account Managers, Account Directors, Planners, those working in Comms agencies (particularly creative team members) with aspirations to building long term trusted client relationships.
What are the benefits?
- Know why understanding client’s business is so critical in earning the trust of clients
- Be confident using a simple framework to think about clients in a more business like way
- Be able to have a more strategic dialogue with colleagues and with clients through a greater understanding of the key strategic brand planning tools
- Learn the skills to translate that thinking and understanding into better presentation structures that will help clients get to a yes more quickly
- Be able to write better and more inspiring Creative Briefs and know how to brief creative colleagues in a more inspiring way
- Know how to provide feedback in a more confident and constructive way to enable them to say ‘yes’ and also ‘no’ when necessary
How the learning is delivered and assessed
Day one of the workshop focuses on asking the right questions and evaluating information to fully understand the client’s business.
Day two is an exploration of the key planning tools for strategic brand planning and how to distill the resulting complex thinking into simple and logical presentations for clients.
Day three will examine the role and importance of creative briefs given to the creative team, and how to write the key parts of the brief. We also evaluate the spoken briefing and how to provide feedback. The three day workshop will be highly participatory and entertaining, involving discussion and activities. Delegates will leave the course fitter and better equipped to excel in their roles and more likely to be perceived by clients and colleagues as trusted business partners.